In basketball games, the home team wears white, and the visiting team wears a more saturated color.
In tennis, the players wear whatever they please, regardless of their seed in the tournament.
That’s why all of us watching the Monte Carlo Rolex Masters tournament on Tennis Channel are experiencing eye strain.
Both players in orange jerseys.
On an orange clay court.
I believe my eyes are bleeding orange blood, too.
Posted in Celebrities, Entertainment, Fashion, Humor, Sports, Television
Tagged basketball, blood, clay court, color, entertainment, eye strain, eyes, Fashion, home team, Humor, Monte Carlo Rolex Masters, Novak Djokovic, orange, Rafa Nadal, Sports, Television, tennis, Tennis Channel, tennis tournament, tournament seed, visiting team
I’m so glad Tiger’s back.
Posted in Advertising, golf, History, Humor, Sports, Television, video
Tagged advertising, golf, history, Master's, Rory McIlroy, Sports, Television, Tiger Woods, video, Youtube
I had seen images online of the April 6th issue of Sports Illustrated, so I couldn’t wait to get mine in the mail.
Just look at that angle of Karl-Anthony Towns in action:
But then I got my issue today. And it looked like this:
Because apparently there are no college basketball fans in the Northeast.
I mean, how could there be? No teams from this area made the Final Four. And there couldn’t possibly be fans of Kentucky, Wisconsin, Michigan State or Duke outside their state lines, right?
(Well, probably not Duke.)
Don’t worry. I’ve already contacted SI and requested a copy of the Kentucky cover issue. And written a letter to the editor.
March Madness only comes once a year.
Posted in Basketball, College, Commentary, Humor, Magazines, March Madness, Sports
Tagged #BBN #TimeforNine, aerial shot, basketball, basketball fans, college, college basketball, cover issue, Duke, Final Four, Karl Anthony Towns, Kentucky, letter to the editor, magazine editor, magazines, March Madness, Michigan State, Music, NCAA, NCAA tournament, Northeast, regionalisms, Sports, sports fans, Sports Illustrated, state lines, Wisconsin
During the exquisite, emotional roller coaster that is March Madness, I often wonder —
What if real life was conducted like the NCAA basketball tournament?
* You hold a press conference at the end of each business day to discuss your successes and failures with members of the media.
Can you imagine the questions you would receive about your workday?
- You were 15 minutes late. Was it really traffic?
- You ate lunch at your desk. Do you think getting some exercise would have been a better idea?
- You seemed to lose focus during your afternoon teleconference. Any particular reason why?
* You have your car custom-painted for business trips, or for the start of a new project, much like the Kentucky Wildcats’ new custom paint job on their bus for the trip to the Final Four in Indianapolis.
* And a huge, adoring crowd of cheering fans would greet you each night upon your return home.
It would definitely have its perks.
Posted in Basketball, College, custom paint job, emotional roller coaster, fans, Final Four, Humor, Indianapolis, Kentucky Wildcats, March Madness, media, NCAA tournament, perks, press conference, Sports
Tagged basketball, college, Humor, March Madness, Sports
- Having a panic attack mid-afternoon when you fear you may have missed one of the Sweet 16 games.
- Breathing a huge sigh of relief when you realize they don’t begin until after 7pm ET. Geez.
- Keeping your birthday open because you don’t know the game schedule yet.
- Wishing the games would just get here…and wanting them to last forever, all at the same time.
- Being grateful every day that you are an alum of the University of Kentucky!
GO BIG BLUE! #BBN #TIMEFORNINE
Posted in Basketball, College, Humor, March Madness, NCAA, Sports
Tagged #TimeforNine, alumni, basketball, basketball game, BBN, birthday, college, game schedule, go big blue, Humor, last forever, March Madness, NCAA tournament, panic attack, Sports, Sweet 16, UK Wildcats, University of Kentucky
As I sit firmly planted on the couch, enjoying another full day of March Madness, I noticed a trend amongst the basketball players.
(And I’m not talking about falling seeds.)
More and more are wearing tights under their shorts. A quick survey of Google images reveals many NBA players are making this choice as well.
I for one consider it a slam dunk.
Being a fairly pasty person, I find displaying my glowing gams to be a fashion don’t . The older I get, the smarter this decision becomes.
If these basketball leggings inspire fashion designers of everyday wear…
The NCAA tourney will have more than one winner this year!
Posted in Basketball, College, Fashion, Humor, March Madness, Sports, Television
Tagged basketball, college, couch, Fashion, hams, Humor, leggings, March Madness, NCAA, pasty, shorts, Sports, Television
In honor of Kentucky’s game against Hampton in the NCAA tourney tonight…
…a work of art from my niece Hope!
#BBN #GoBigBlue #TimeforNine
Posted in Basketball, College, Crafts, Design, Humor, March Madness, Sports
Tagged basketball, BBN, college, crafts, design, go big blue, Humor, Kentucky Wildcats, March Madness, NCAA, Sports, weave, yarn