The next post will be a bit delayed.
I’m sure you understand.
Posted in Celebrities, Entertainment, Humor, Magazines, Movies
Tagged blog, celebrities, Channing Tatum, delay, entertainment, Entertainment Weekly, Humor, magazines, Magic Mike XXL, Movies, post
We all are born with certain talents or gifts.
Binge watching is one of mine.
Now, you might argue that all of us can binge watch a television show or mini-series as long as we have access on Netflix or OnDemand.
I beg to differ.
As Liam Neeson would say, “It takes a particular set of skills.”
- Sitting still for long periods of time. I list this first because I feel it is most important. If you are a person who needs to ‘piddle,’ — always getting up and doing something, whether it’s eating or drinking or using the bathroom or organizing your pencils — binge watching will be difficult for you. It will take you weeks to watch the new season of Orange is the New Black. A true binge watcher can do it in two days. Max.
- Focus (or multi-tasking while still watching TV). I give you a choice here, because I find that I use both methods during my long binge-watching sessions. Some episodes demand my complete attention. Others offer small windows of opportunity to check email or IM with a friend (which still ‘watching’ the program.) Can you handle the singularity?
- Organizing your life. You cannot take two days to binge watch House of Cards or Bloodlines unless you can clear your calendar. And that involves getting things done in the days and weeks preceding the binge watch, which is made possible–in my house, anyway–by exhaustive list making. If it isn’t written down, it usually doesn’t get done. And I have to get a lot of stuff done to justify a big ol’ two-day binge.
- Bladder control. Contrary to popular belief, bladders do not come in a variety of sizes. They are all the same — male and female, adult and child. What does vary is our muscle control and ability to ‘hold our bladder.’ Not having to get up every 30 minutes makes #1 and #2 more plausible (and will help you be more efficient at checking off line items on #3).
Best of luck with your next binge watch!
Posted in Celebrities, Entertainment, Humor, mini-series, Movies, Television
Tagged animals, best of binge, binge watching, bladder control, Bloodlines, celebrities, clear your calendar, complete attention, drinking, eating, email, entertainment, focus, gifts, hold our bladder, House of Cards, how to, Humor, It takes a particular set of skills, Liam Neeson, line items, list making, mini-series, Movies, multi-task, muscle control, Netflix, OnDemand, Orange is the New Black, organzing, piddle, singularity, sitting, tab, talent, Television, tv show
I’ve heard of throwing pizza dough in the air…
…but throwing pizza as a punch?
A Florida man threw a hot slice of pizza at his roommate, who called the cops.
And they arrested him.
Since this incident occurred in Florida, it’s really not all that surprising. What is surprising is that the guy didn’t eat the slice when he threw it at him.
When life gives you lemons, buddy. It is pizza, after all.
Posted in Entertainment, Food, Humor, News, Relationships, Travel
Tagged arrest, cops, entertainment, fight, Florida, food, Humor, news, pizza, pizza dough, pizza pie, pizza slice, police, punch, Relationships, roommate, throwing pizza, Travel, when life gives you lemons
I had the opportunity to watch The Village again over my lunch hour today.
Okay, it went a tad over an hour.
After director M. Night Shyamalan’s huge hit The Sixth Sense, critics never really seemed to like any of his other films, including The Village.
But I loved it the first time I saw it in the theater, and it held up on the second viewing, too, even though I already knew the famous twist.
Plus, I was reminded of the wonderful performances by Bryce Dallas Howard, Joaquin Phoenix and William Hurt.
So, if you initially dismissed it because it wasn’t The Sixth Sense — and let’s face it, there isn’t going to be another one of those — I urge you to give The Village another chance.
‘Cause it takes a vill…okay, I’ll stop.
Posted in Celebrities, Entertainment, Humor, Movies, review
Tagged Bryce Dallas Howard, celebrities, entertainment, it takes a village, Joaquin Phoenix, lunch hour, M. Night Shyamalan, movie critic, movie director, Movies, performance, plot twist, second chance, The Sixth Sense, The Village, William Hurt
Are you excited about Melissa McCarthy’s new action comedy Spy?
I am. The critics are. (It’s received a crazy fresh score — for a comedy, no less — on RottenTomatoes.com.)
I’ll bet you are, too.
But I feel we have to give some credit to Tom Cruise, who has starred in some of the big action films that McCarthy and director Paul Feig are lampooning. You may hate his personal life and his religion, but who cares? His films are epic.
Have you seen the trailer for Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation?
Posted in Celebrities, Entertainment, Humor, Movies, Religion
Tagged action movie, celebrities, entertainment, Humor, Mission Impossible, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, movie trailer, religion, Tom Cruise, Youtube
It started out as a joke between my friend Wendy and her husband.
“You’d have to pay me $10,000 to go see the Entourage movie.”
Wendy had the gumption to turn the joke into a GoFundMe campaign to raise money for CureSearch, which supports research for pediatric cancers.
One short week later, thanks to the generosity of friends and family and countless others who only know Wendy’s story through word of mouth, articles and blogs like mine, ‘the joke’ has now raised over $30,000.
Wendy is closing the GoFundMe page and, as promised, is going to:
- See the Entourage movie not once, not twice, but four times
- Wear ‘Drama Mama’ pajamas to the theater
- Drink her favorite beverage from a specially-designed Turtle cup
And donors that contributed funds at the higher levels get to come along to the theater and witness Wendy’s exquisite agony.
Thank you for your donations. And enjoy the show!
Posted in Comedy, Entertainment, Health, Humor, Movies
Tagged blog, cancer, charity, comedy, CureSearch, donation, entertainment, entourage, generosity, GoFundMe, Health, Humor, joke, Movies, pediatric cancer
People magazine is all about the ‘boozy popsicle‘ today —
‘Boozy’ as in popular popsicle flavors spiked with alcohol — like the watermelon mojito pops garnished with mint pictured at the left.
Looks cool and refreshing, yes…and perhaps a bit lethal for the younger set.
But, I’m sorry.
Every time I hear the phrase ‘boozy popsicle,’ I think —
What a perfect stripper name.
Or maybe even the name of a band (depending on what kind of music they play). Let’s not forget that one, folks.
It’s a keeper.
Posted in Commentary, Cooking, Entertainment, Food, Humor, Life, Magazines, Writing
Tagged alcohol, band, beverages, booze, boozy popsicles, commentary, cooking, dessert, entertainment, Humor, it's a keeper, life, liquid lunch, liquor, magazines, mint, mojito, Music, People magazine, popsicles, refreshing, snacks, stripper name, watermelon, wordplay, writing