Today is the last day of the year — heck, the last day of the decade – and everyone appears to be taking a look back before jumping into 2010.
Now, I’m not one for nostalgia. I enjoy throwing things out more than most people. But there is much to be learned from the past, so let’s review the few brief months of The Egg’s existence and see what we can see in its stickiness…
- Readership has increased steadily since the Egg’s launch in August, but always takes a bit of a dip over the weekend or a holiday. I am so pleased to know that the Egg is a workday distraction!
- You prefer the shallow to the deep — when I go deep, you go away. (No worries there…I am so rarely deep.)
- The topic that is consistently popular? Posts about my dog Rory. That is not surprising at all. He’s a people magnet…and apparently a traffic magnet as well.
- The most commented on blogs of the year? Fantasy leagues and little girls’ obsession with the color pink. It is reassuring to be deemed controversial by both sexes.
- The blogs that nobody wanted to read? Those related to the movie “Twilight”…and they meant the so much to me. (I’m going to have to work on bringing you guys over to the dark side.)
- The most requested blog topic? Movie reviews! Thank you — I’m at the theater pretty much every week and promise to post my sticky point of view here.
A friend tweeted the other day that blogs were “so 1999.” Well, I have enjoyed being 10 years behind the times with all of you.
Let’s keep eggin’ each other on in 2010!