I am self-employed. I’m my own boss.
So do I complain to me that my company doesn’t offer outrageous perks to keep me on the payroll?
Remember when we used to get excited about free soda in the break room? Child’s play.
Take a look at some of the fun stuff that CNN & Forbes report is out there now:
- Abercrombie & Fitch offers employees electric scooters to travel around the corporate campus.
- Google offers employees free breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks at 16 gourmet cafes on its campus.
- American Century Investments covers employee adoption expenses and fertility treatments up to $10,000 per year.
- Cliff Bar has a 40-foot bouldering wall, fitness center, dance studio, two massage rooms and a staff of certified trainers and nutritionists.
- S.C. Johnson gives retired employees lifetime memberships in its fitness center.
- Smucker grants employees a 100 percent college tuition reimbursement, with no ceiling.
- Genentech sends ergonomics specialists to examine employees’ work desk and gear.
Well…there’s always Diet Snapple in my frig!