MBA students at Boston University recommended brands for purchase and revitalization in team presentations Monday and today.
I’d like to add another to the list:
The felt tip pen
One such pen swallowed by a woman in Great Britain 25 years ago was recovered by doctors from her stomach intact and ready to write. Stomach acids had eaten off the pen’s brand name — darn the luck — but not the ink inside. In fact, upon removal, doctors wrote ‘hello’ with the pen.
Find that hard to believe?
The woman supposedly swallowed the pen using it to check spots on her tonsils in a mirror while standing on a ladder when she fell, leading to the accidental ingestion.
Heck — forget the pen company. Buy the movie rights!