The year end lists are coming out — best of, worst of, most, least. I think I’ve read them all (and sadly, appear on none).
AOL has posted their “Most Searched” list for 2010. l like this one a lot. Being ‘most searched’ doesn’t place any judgments of good or bad — it just says that a whole lot of people wanted to gawk at photos of you and read about you online.
And here’s their list:
10. Bed Intruder Antoine Dodson: I missed this one
9. Foursquare: I missed what’s fun about this one
8. Jeggings: Are they jeans? Are they leggings? They’re jeggings!
7. Old Spice Guy: I’m pretty sure folks just wanted to look at him
6. Paul the Octopus: May he rest in peace
5. Silly Bandz: Are they silly? Are they bandz? They’re Silly Bandz!
4. Vuvuzelas: Shhhhhhhh
3. Pants on the Ground: The ultimate revenge of the old auditioner
2. Chat-roulette: No gun, but just as deadly
And the number 1 search on AOL….
1. Betty White: There’s nothing left to be said
And there it is — 2010 in searches. The funny thing is…it looks kinda familiar, doesn’t it?
I mean, jeggings are just the new leg warmers, right? And we had that other hot Old Spice Guy (Matthew Perry’s father) back in the day. The Taco Bell dog was hot a few years ago — may he rest in peace — and those braided friendship bracelets were just low-tech Silly Bandz.
Vuvuzelas are simply much larger, louder kazoos, and the ‘Pants on the Ground’ guy is just the ‘She-Bang’ dude way older (and a way better singer).
Oh, she’s still Betty White. This is just the second time that she’s trending.