Vandy, take heart —
You’re not the first team to lose a NCAA tournament game in the final seconds because of a brain fart.
Ignore the histrionics of the play-by-play announcers. Turn off the post-game shows. Consider hypnosis?
I’m old enough to remember a really big blunder that kept the storied Michigan Fab Five out of the Final Four. It was way back in 1993 before the Interwebs.
Michigan vs. North Carolina in the Elite Eight. North Carolina up by 2 with 11 seconds to go. Trapped on the sidelines, Michigan star Chris Webber called a time out that they simply didn’t have, and got dinged with a technical foul. North Carolina went on to win the game and ultimately the national title.
Sure, I remember that brain fart to this day, but Vandy — your game was just a first-rounder. There are plenty of bracket busters ahead that will inspire much more ire.
Posted in Basketball, Humor, NCAA tournament, Sports
Tagged basketball, brain fart, Chris Webber, Humor, Michigan, NCAA tournament, North Carolina, Northwestern, Sports, Vanderbilt
During the exquisite, emotional roller coaster that is March Madness, I often wonder —
What if real life was conducted like the NCAA basketball tournament?
* You hold a press conference at the end of each business day to discuss your successes and failures with members of the media.
Can you imagine the questions you would receive about your workday?
- You were 15 minutes late. Was it really traffic?
- You ate lunch at your desk. Do you think getting some exercise would have been a better idea?
- You seemed to lose focus during your afternoon teleconference. Any particular reason why?
* You have your car custom-painted for business trips, or for the start of a new project, much like the Kentucky Wildcats’ new custom paint job on their bus for the trip to the Final Four in Indianapolis.
* And a huge, adoring crowd of cheering fans would greet you each night upon your return home.
It would definitely have its perks.
Posted in Basketball, College, custom paint job, emotional roller coaster, fans, Final Four, Humor, Indianapolis, Kentucky Wildcats, March Madness, media, NCAA tournament, perks, press conference, Sports
Tagged basketball, college, Humor, March Madness, Sports