A big thank you to the Barnes & Noble in Nanuet, New York.
They featured my book You’re a Leader, Charlie Brown in their list of graduation gift recommendations, and even tweeted out a picture. (Tagged me, too.)
I’ve never been to Nanuet, but it has suddenly made the short list of my future vacation spots.
Coincidence? Not even.
Posted in Books, Comics, holidays, Humor, Travel, Vacation
Tagged Barnes and Noble, coincidence, gifts, graduation, leadership, Nanuet New York, Twitter, vacation, You're a Leader Charlie Brown
Poor Jimmy Fallon.
He fell yet again in Massachusetts, hurting his right hand. This is the same year he hurt his left hand so badly, he spent a week in ICU, and chipped a tooth trying to open a tube of lotion for said hand.
What a clutz…or maybe not?
You may recall I got bit by a stingray on my family’s beach vacation in Florida. There were 10 of us; I got the chomp.
Now it appears a spider bit my right arm sometime over the past two days, and I have a swollen lump of itchiness near my elbow.
We, Jimmy, are the chosen.
I will let you know if I figure out how to get off the list.
Posted in Animals, Celebrities, Entertainment, Family, Humor, Life, Television, Vacation
Tagged animals, bad luck, celebrities, cluyzy, entertainment, family, finger, Florida, hand, Humor, ICU, injury, Jimmy Fallon, life, Massachusetts, stingray, Television, the chosen, vacation, vspider
And I really mean hay! I am in Kentucky.
Is that a gorgeous view or what?
Posted in Humor, Life, Photography, Travel, Vacation
Tagged hay, Humor, Kentucky, life, photography, scenery, Travel, vacation
My bucolic beach vacation received a jolt yesterday when I got up close and personal with a stingray.
I was walking in kneedeep water, so I didn’t see my attacker coming. But once I felt the stab, I did get a hand on him to pull him away.
It bled a bit, but hurt a lot. For three or four hours, it was pretty darn intense. Then it calmed down.
And so did I.
For future reference, should you be so unlucky, don’t pee on the wound. And don’t rush to the doctor (although painkillers will be tempting).
Just make sure no barb remains, soak it in hot water, apply antibiotic ointment and leave it uncovered to heal. Elevating it seems to help, too.
And be grateful for friends and family who quickly gather round to help.
Posted in Animals, Family, Friends, Health, Humor, Life, Travel, Vacation
Tagged animals, antibiotics, attack, beach, family, Florida, friends, Health, Humor, life, ocean, painkillers, stingray, Travel, vacation
First-time visitors to New York City may be hesitant to take the subway.
I was you once; I spent too much money on taxis and wore myself out walking dozens upon dozens of city blocks.
But trust me —
The subway is the best way to get around town.
Here are 5 reasons to give the MTA a chance the next time you are in town.
- Speed — The subway is usually the fastest way between Point A and Point B. There’s no traffic to contend with, and you have express train options when you have longer trips or are traveling from borough to borough.
- Cost — Currently $2.75 a ride, the subway is cheaper than any taxi ride. And while walking is free, you have to think about the cost of your time, and the wear-and-tear on your body. Most of my friends leave NYC broken-down and exhausted from the unaccustomed amount of walking they do…and it was supposed to be vacation.
- Comfort — Except at morning and evening rush, the subway has room to breathe and seats for most travelers. I have claustrophobia, and I use the subway without any problem.
- People Watching — Everyone takes the subway in New York City, from celebrities to crazies on the street…so you will see everything. It is a slice of humanity like no other. You’ll return home with story upon story.
- Performances — Like this one:
I mean, come on — take a chance and take a ride!
Posted in Commentary, dance, Humor, New York City, subway, tourism, transportation, Travel, Vacation, Walking
Tagged celebrities, city blocks, commentary, crazies, dance, exhaustion, Humor, MTA, New York City, New York City boroughs, performances, rush hour, slice of humanity, subway, taxis, time, tourism, traffic, transportation, Travel, vacation, visitors, walking, wear-and-tear