Is it just me, or are the women of “True Blood” getting a bit…well… annoying?
I would put them on the following scale:
- only slighting annoying — new vampire Jessica
- annoying — the always crying Sookie
- very annoying — Queen Sophie
- shoot-her-with-a-gun annoying — Bill’s maker Lorena and Tara (it’s a tie)
Right now, it’s hard to like any of them. All they do is cry and whine and then cry some more. Then they get kidnapped or attacked and start crying again. At least Sookie can read minds and do that flashy light thing with her hands, but then she sees Bill…and starts crying.
I have a scale for them as well:
- cute like a puppy dog — Hoyt and Terry
- good-looking guy next door — Sam
- ripped, dumb guy next door — Jason
- the hot one with the beard — Alcide
- the hottest (until Eric) — Bill
- the hottest thing in Bon Temps — Eric
I should probably add a category for “ugly mean guys,” since they’ve added a few this year to punch up the storyline. I appreciate that, even though they’re not that fun to look at.
(That vampire Franklin who grabbed Tara? Ug-ly. But she annoys me, so I was kinda hoping he’d kill her. It could still happen. Crossed fingers.)
So, to the writers of “True Blood” — if you’re planning to keep all these women around — or any characters for that matter — give them something interesting to do.
Crying bloody tears only works so many times.