I was you once; I spent too much money on taxis and wore myself out walking dozens upon dozens of city blocks.
But trust me —
The subway is the best way to get around town.
Here are 5 reasons to give the MTA a chance the next time you are in town.
- Speed — The subway is usually the fastest way between Point A and Point B. There’s no traffic to contend with, and you have express train options when you have longer trips or are traveling from borough to borough.
- Cost — Currently $2.75 a ride, the subway is cheaper than any taxi ride. And while walking is free, you have to think about the cost of your time, and the wear-and-tear on your body. Most of my friends leave NYC broken-down and exhausted from the unaccustomed amount of walking they do…and it was supposed to be vacation.
- Comfort — Except at morning and evening rush, the subway has room to breathe and seats for most travelers. I have claustrophobia, and I use the subway without any problem.
- People Watching — Everyone takes the subway in New York City, from celebrities to crazies on the street…so you will see everything. It is a slice of humanity like no other. You’ll return home with story upon story.
- Performances — Like this one:
I mean, come on — take a chance and take a ride!