I began plotting my move to Manhattan at the tender age of eight at the dining room table in our tiny farm community in Kentucky.
It took me a few years, and I made some stops along the way, but I made it. And I’ve a spent the past decade here in the Big Apple.
Thank you, New York City, for being everything that little girl dreamed of and so much more.
Tomorrow I begin a new adventure in Chicago. I feel like a kid again, and just as excited!
Posted in Humor, Life, Travel
Tagged Chicago, child, dream, farm, girl, Humor, Kentucky, memories, moving, New York City, thank you note, thanks, Travel
It’s like looking in a mirror…
Posted in Advertising, Entertainment, Finances, Humor, Television
Tagged advertising, athletic, clutzy, commercial, entertainment, financial, Humor, Sports, TD Bank, Television
July 13, 2016 in Celebrities, Entertainment, Family, Humor, Life, Love, quotes, Relationships
Tagged celebrities, entertainment, Huffington Post, Humor, Jennifer Aniston, life, love, marriage, motherhood, quotes, Relationships
After nearly a decade living in the Big Apple, I think this could work.
It’s like the autobahn — the two lanes would simply have different speed limits.
And no standing and staring ‘up’ allowed in the New Yorkers lane, either.
Posted in Commentary, Humor, Life, New York City, Travel
Tagged autobahn, Big Apple, Humor, life, New York City, safety, tourists, traffic
The Egg is moving from Manhattan to Chicago at the end of July, and today, even my supplies are feeling the occasion!
Posted in History, Holiday, Home, Humor, New York City, Travel
Tagged Chicago, Fourth of July, history, Holiday, Humor, Independence Day, moving, New York City, packing, patriotic, red white and blue, Travel
I had a hilarious astronomy professor in college who sometimes used questionable photography in his lectures to make sure we were awake.
I saw one of his more fabled pics Friday on a greeting card in a Detroit airport gift shop:
I wish I could remember what point my teacher was making in class when he used it…
My mind is drawing a blank.
Posted in Advertising, College, Education, Humor, Photography
Tagged astronomy, college, education, greeting card, Humor, innuendo, photography, pics, professor, rocket
Has the movie Swiss Army Man opened in your town?
When it does, go see it! Here are five reasons.
1. The title. It brilliantly encapsulates the film yet is never spoken in it. Bonus points.
2. The premise. A man shipwrecked on an island finds a corpse who ‘helps’ him find his way home (and becomes his best friend along the way). Original? Uh, yeah.
3. The cast. Paul Dano and Daniel Radcliffe fully commit to their respective roles as suicidal loser and farting corpse. I was blown away [rimshot].
4. The soundtrack. Led by two music video directors, the movie soundtrack is almost a third cast member. It’s that good.
5. The farting. It’s pretty important to the plot. And you’ll laugh at all the farting. Heck, we’re all still 12 years old at heart — am I right?
Posted in Celebrities, Comedy, Entertainment, Humor, Movies
Tagged celebrities, comedy, corpse, Daniel Radcliffe, entertainment, farting, farting corpse, farts, Humor, loser, movie cast, movie director, movie title, Movies, music video, Paul Dano, shipwreck, soundtrack, suicide, Swiss Army Man movie