The Egg has seen an influx of new visitors this week —
A very sticky welcome!
And to those of you who are fellow US citizens…
Posted in Blog, History, Humor, Politics
Tagged blog, history, Humor, politics, The Sticky Egg, us presidential election, visitors, vote, voting, welcome
First-time visitors to New York City may be hesitant to take the subway.
I was you once; I spent too much money on taxis and wore myself out walking dozens upon dozens of city blocks.
But trust me —
The subway is the best way to get around town.
Here are 5 reasons to give the MTA a chance the next time you are in town.
- Speed — The subway is usually the fastest way between Point A and Point B. There’s no traffic to contend with, and you have express train options when you have longer trips or are traveling from borough to borough.
- Cost — Currently $2.75 a ride, the subway is cheaper than any taxi ride. And while walking is free, you have to think about the cost of your time, and the wear-and-tear on your body. Most of my friends leave NYC broken-down and exhausted from the unaccustomed amount of walking they do…and it was supposed to be vacation.
- Comfort — Except at morning and evening rush, the subway has room to breathe and seats for most travelers. I have claustrophobia, and I use the subway without any problem.
- People Watching — Everyone takes the subway in New York City, from celebrities to crazies on the street…so you will see everything. It is a slice of humanity like no other. You’ll return home with story upon story.
- Performances — Like this one:
I mean, come on — take a chance and take a ride!
Posted in Commentary, dance, Humor, New York City, subway, tourism, transportation, Travel, Vacation, Walking
Tagged celebrities, city blocks, commentary, crazies, dance, exhaustion, Humor, MTA, New York City, New York City boroughs, performances, rush hour, slice of humanity, subway, taxis, time, tourism, traffic, transportation, Travel, vacation, visitors, walking, wear-and-tear
While checking the time on my cellphone last night, I accidentally took this photo.
I was waiting outside the backstage door at Kinky Boots on 45th Street between 8th and 9th Avenues here in Manhattan. I think the building in the shot is across the street.
The picture is grainy and off-kilter, but I kinda like it.
It looks like an action shot taken from a car…or maybe on the way down, before the photographer hit the pavement.
And I bet a few visitors to New York City might find its disorientation a reflection of their feelings from time to time during their trip.
Me? I just hit the wrong button on my phone.
Posted in Art, Broadway, Design, Entertainment, Humor, Life, Photography, Travel
Tagged action shot, art, Broadway, camera, cellphone, design, disorientation, entertainment, grainy, Humor, Kinky Boots, life, Manhattan, New York City, pavement, photo, photographer, photography, picture, sure shot, Travel, trip, visitors